Was thinking of updating my profile and wanted to add list of my favorite movies. I must admit I am an ardent movie buff. Listing would have been easier but to tag a few movies as the best and adding etc would have been unfair to the movies. So I would go with a selected few movies which has left a deep impact on me. The list is random. 1. Antaheen: Had gone to Calcutta and picked up the vcd of Antaheen as heard rave reviews about the director of movie plus it had Sharmila Tagore, Aparna Sen and Rahul Bose. The movie is a delight in itself and the music was simply majestic. The film, later on won National Award as best film and for its music. A must see to fall in love with Calcutta. 2.Parakh: This is a Bimal Roy film which I would consider most humorous and satirical of all. Sadhna, san her trademark hair cut looks and acts beautifully but its Motilal who stands out as the postmaster's help . 3. The Usual Suspect : Most amazing pulp noir I have seen. Has best sc...
Comments
Post a Comment